1. Theoretical Debates on a relationship between growth and development
2. Measurement of Development Challenges
3. The political economy of current growth euphoria and questioning current development paradigm
4. Causes of growing regional disparities: Disaggregated Analysis
5. Falling growth elasticity of poverty and declining employment elasticity of output.
6. Development and dispossession in India
7. Economic Inequality – sources, determinants and challenges.
8. Changes in a labour market in a post-reforms period
9. Investments in human capital and social capital.
10. Rural Transformation, Income & Employment
11. Diversification and Structural Change
12. Status & Strains in Rural Economy- Agriculture & Rural Non-Farm Sector
13. Challenge of Poverty & Social Exclusion.
14. Rural Industrialization, Including MSMEs
15. Rural-Urban Linkages- Rural Towns as Growth Poles
16. Identifying Drivers & Stumbling Blocks of Development.
17. Any other sub-theme related to the theme