Geo-informatics has been successfully used for analysis, prediction, monitoring and management of groundwater at regional scale. However, imbalance between availability and demand, degradation, depletion and lack of security in availability are the most common identified groundwater related problems. Geo-informatics is useful to bridge the gap between demand and supply of the knowledge required for management of groundwater resource in order to ensure sustainable development. Therefore, an online book project is undertaken by Gatha CognitionTM, inviting researchers, academicians, planners and managers to contribute original research/review papers on application of geo-informatics in following themes.
- Geological Aspects of Groundwater
- Assessment and Appraisal of Groundwater Resources
- Exploitation and Degradation of Groundwater
- Models for Groundwater Restoration
- Assessment of Watershed Management Techniques
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Groundwater Prospects Mapping
- Remedial measures for Groundwater Degradation
- Groundwater Resource Management for Sustainable Development
(Author may amend the sub-themes according to their interest)
The contributions should be original and meet the requirements of international research. All contributions will be double blind peer reviewed, indexed and cross marked. After completion of peer review and editorial processes, the articles will immediately be published online having DOI indexing.
The articles submitted in 2016 for this proposed book will be published free of cost with open access option.